While a holiday season is an exciting time to experience a new destination, it also can present real challenges for the globally mobile.
Here are some common questions about navigating through holiday seasons abroad — and how to find answers in two clicks, using the left sidebar in a Living Abroad International Relocation Center report.
What holidays are officially observed? What holidays are observed informally?
1. Click on ORIENTATION.
2. For holiday details, click on “Holidays and festivals.”
2. For holiday dates in the current year, click on “Holiday Calendar – link.”
Likewise, you’ll find answers to these questions below just as easily from the Table of Contents:
1. Click on BUSINESS PRACTICES.
2. Click on “Scheduling business travel.”Are gifts appropriate and if so, what kinds? What should I do if I’m given a gift?
1. Click on SOCIAL CUSTOMS.
2. Click on “Gifts.”
What types of social gatherings can I expect to attend?
1. Click on SOCIAL ENVIRONMENT.
2. Click on “Hospitality at home.”
2. Click on “Social entertaining.”
Are tips or bonuses customary for household staff at holidays?
1. Click on FAMILY MATTERS.
2. Click on “Household help.”