• We are moving from Turkey to Switzerland. My daughter will be 6 years old in September. She was going to start primary school in Turkey. How can we arrange a school for her in Lausanne? Do I have to pay for school? As we will come in October the schools in Switzerland starts in September is it going to be a problem?• We are moving to Scotland for two years. I would like to know more about what food stuffs is safe to bring in. If you have a website I could check that would be great. We are entitled to an air and sea shipment.
• Hi, currently I stay in Dusseldorf, Germany. Would like to know the nearest eye check up centres and specialists for an appointment. We already have UHC health card, but not sure how much is the consultation fee here.
• Hello, could you inform me about the tax system in Switzerland?
• What are the major banking societies in south Indonesia? As an expat can I open a local bank account? What are the requirements?
• How do we find out about colleges and college admission for expats from the U.S. to England?
• I am working on H1B visa in USA and am starting a new project and will need to work remotely from my Base Location in the U.S. for a client in Canada. I need to visit Canada for business purposes. Is it possible to get a business visa?
• Would you please send information on St. Kitts/Nevis? I am relocating there with my company.
• I am a U.S. citizen going to Canada on an expatriate assignment on a work permit. I’m looking for information on how to get my vehicles across the border properly. Since I plan to use the vehicles for personal use only, will not sell, modify, or dispose of them while in Canada, and will bring them back with me when I return to the U.S., it is my understanding that I do not need to go through the formal Canadian importation process (per the RIV website, I meet an exemption criteria). Can you help confirm?
So the next time your company asks “How do we serve our globally mobile employees and help HR at the same time?”, the answer is the IRC.
For more information on the International Relocation Center, or any of Living Abroad’s suite of other services, click here to contact us.